Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mumbai hosts a beauty contest

Some of the country’’s top models sashayed down the ramp here on Friday during the Grazia Super Model of the World India beauty contest.

The participants were judged by the eminent jury consisting of Shahid Amir, Simran Kaur Mudi, Subi Sammual, Tarun Rai, Joha Irani and Bollywood actor Kangana Ranuat.
The jury judged the participants on their elegance, poise and confidence.

Sherin who walked away with the winner’’s crown said that she could not believe that she had won the title.“Well, I still cannot believe, and I don”t have any comments at present. I cannot express my feelings right now,” said Sherin.

Bollywood actor Kangana Ranuat, a jury member, said that she was not here to judge the girls, but to crown them.“I came here not to judge the girls, but to crown them. I do hope that the girls have enjoyed themselves in this contest.

I think in the age in which the girls are currently in ramp, stage and media attracts the girls and I”m sure that they must have had fun,” said Ranuat. Other winners included model Isra Patel who won first runner’’s up crown while Lekha Anantraman was adjudged the second runner up.

No comments:

Post a Comment